ICEBREAKER fatbike build kit for $999
This package is for the build kit only. It includes the Frame, Fork, Headset, Bottom Bracket, Crankset, Rear Derailleur, Shifter, Chain, Cassette, Seat Clamp, F/R Wheel-sets and Tires.
Why do we include all this stuff? Because these are the key fatbike components that are not easy to find. Based on this kit, you can build up your dream bike with custom components easily.
Building a custom fatbike could be a better option than buying a complete bike, though more challenging and costly task as well. So we have tried to make it more affordable by offering a fatbike build kit for under $1000. Everything in this kit is a result of smart selection to give you the best combination of value and performance. All you need is included (well... unless the air for the tubes).
As an option we can help you to complete this kit with the rest of the parts, such as disc brakes, handlebar, stem, seat post, grips, pedal and cable housing for extremely reasonable price.
The frame design is focusing on compatibility in order to fulfill riders' requests. The frame is built around 197×12 rear spacing with 100mm threaded bottom bracket that allows to use narrower Q-factor cranks with 26x4,8” tires. The full frame made by SMT (smooth welding) makes a glossy and clear surface, and the painting works makes frame look unique and sharp. The stable 1,5” tapered head tube matches up with the gusset free design and makes the frame look so clean. The cable routing is integrated into the down tube to avoid the mud and dust. By using the most popular 100mm BSA BB there is no complex matching problem. Integrated post mount disc brake design has the best matching ability, and it can also decrease some weight. The combination of muscle shape chain stay and 3D forged dropouts is very effective to absorb the stress from terrain.
To sum it up, the Icebreaker Norman fatbike provides an extremely accurate and easy riding control that gives more confidence when riding though complex terrain.
BUILD KIT SPECIFICATION
- custom formed triple butted AL6061 with smooth welding
- frame size 17" 19"
- frame weight ~ 2100g
- rigid fork length (recommended) – 483~486mm axle to crown
- suspension fork travel (recommended) – 80~120mm (491-531mm axle to crown)
- tapered headtube 1-1/8" to 1,5" (OD: 50/62, ID: 44/55)
- dropouts 197x12mm thru axle w/thread 18mm*M12*1.5 (axle weight ~70g)
- bottom bracket 100mm BSA 1.37*24T
- internal cable routing
- FD high direct mount via ø34,9mm clamp adapter (not included), side swing, front pull Shimano Deore FD-M617-D (2x10), SLX FD-M677-D (2x10), SLX FD-M7020-11-D (2x11), XT FD-M8020-D (2x11)
- internal disc brake mount
- seat clamp 34,9mm
- seat post 31,6mm
- max tire size: up to 26*4,8" on 100mm rim, 27,5*3,8", 29*3,0". The frame can fit with 26*5,05" tire too, but tire clearance is too tiny to be claimed as workable option.
- rack mounts
- water bottle mounts – 2 cages
- T700 UD full carbon fat fork, tapered 1-1/8" to 1,5", 483mm axle to crown, 150x15mm thru axle, 45mm off-set, uncut steerer tube length 265mm.
- fork weight ~700g w/axle
- tire clearance up to 5,05”
- Semi-integrated Neco H383 ZS 44/28,6mm - ZS 55/39,8mm, w/expansion nut for carbon fork, weight ~106g
SEAT CLAMP - 34,9mm, weight ~30g
BB SET - SRAM Team GXP 100mm, weight ~120g
CRANKSET - SRAM FAT NX with direct mount 30T 3mm offset chainring, cranks 175mm, 1x11 speed, Q-factor 203mm, weight ~720g
REAR DERAILLEUR - SRAM NX 1x11 speed
SHIFTER - SRAM NX 1x11 speed trigger shifter
CHIAN - SRAM PC-1110 (116 links)
CASSETTE - SunRace CSMS8 11 speed 11-46T